Regional CEE – Italy MVP Summit !
I had a tough time these last 2 months, 50% of my time making sure all the candidate reviews were done (thanks Marjorie and my other colleagues that helped me!). This was a really important activity as, as you may know, there are 4 Microsoft MVP Candidate reviews every year.
So that was done.
The other 50%? “THE EVENT”
Last time we had a Regional CEE (Central and Eastern Europe) MVP gathering was in Greece and it was really a great event. This is not only me saying that, but gathering MVP feedback it was really a great one. Also, as you may remember, we were in the middle of the ash cloud, so some of us were stuck in Athens for a few days. Not a bad place to be stuck in, right? (wonderful city / wonderful people !!)
Last year we also had the Italian MVP Open Days in Milano. Great event too, full of technical and non-technical discussions. mingling and of course some fun.
This year is gonna be different. As I represent part of CEE and Italy as well (as a Community Program Manager for the MVP Award Program), I asked myself “Why these 2 parts of my job responsibilities should be separated?” “Is there any particular reason?”
And the answer was simple: NO
Also, as I travelled a lot in different places this year, I was keep on hearing from MVPs that they want to meet other MVPs, outside of their Countries. And this totally makes sense, as you strengthen your professional network and you never know, maybe you’ll end up working with some MVPs remotely in another part of the Region.
So, again, my concerns (and there were some) were eventually going away by one the most important pillar for me: put people in touch with each other. I think this is one of the best "benefit” you can get from the MVP Award, aside of course to the more “tangible ones” and the interaction with the Product Teams.
So my next question was: “Where are we gonna meet this year and when”? That was a tricky one. There are tons of events happening from September – November timeframe (and more, of course) and so taking this decision is also not that easy.
I took a non-easy one.
You should know that, almost every year, there is a community-gathering in Croatia: one of the most popular community event, very informal, right in the middle of the Region. The event is very popular for some of you, but some others maybe don’t know what it is. It’s called “KulenDayz” and MVPs Bernardin Katic (Operation Chief ), Tomislav Bronzin and Domagoj Pavlešić (for the web development part), with a lot of help from other Microsoft MVPs, organize this great event, widely known as “the most technical community in the whole Region”.
So, aside from the fact that dates are not perfect (at all) for many people (and this is normal, you know, people are busy ) I decided to walk into that event, made some phone calls, asked for help and start the MVP event engine. And now we’re getting to it !
It was frustrating at the beginning: you know, I love to organize the perfect event. Of course it never happens. But my real goal here is to have MVPs coming back to their Countries and homes saying just “WOW"!” and “this was really some good quality-time spent” or “I want to do it again next year!”. You know, something like that.
So, bearing in mind my goal, here are some details I’m going to share with you:
I’m very happy to announce the forthcoming Regional MVP CEE & Italy Summit ! The event is more like a social event, an opportunity to meet other MVPs from the Region, networking and mingling with each other, and get to know the Microsoft vision for the next Fiscal Year (FY13, which started on July, 1st). I really hope you’ll be able to participate!
Throughout the year, we have some opportunity to meet each other but this is the best way to do it. It’s an event specifically for you, and this year it’s even bigger than the one we held in Greece 2 years ago: it will involve ALL the MVPs in the Region I represent (which is 280 Microsoft MVPs !). Having people from all over the Countries, with different cultures and opinions and background but with the same PASSION that animates all of us: SHARING your knowledge, be the first to know what’s coming next in regards of Microsoft products, be supportive in your COMMUNITIES, be available when it comes to give FEEDBACK to the Product Teams and the list goes on! And, as said, this is the first time CEE & Italy meet together in one place during a (hopefully) memorable event.
The WHERE & WHEN:
The event will be held during the KulenDayz, one of the most community oriented technical event in the Region. There will be tons of technical sessions by the Microsoft MVPs together with other International speakers.
The event will take place from Friday the 31st of August till Sunday the 2nd of September.
I think that, if you’re not on holiday or you don’t need to work yet, it would definitely make sense to attend the event. You will meet so many International MVPs (KulenDayz will be delivered 100% in English), great speakers, great sessions I think as a technical guy (wherever you’re a developer or an ITPro) you’ll be astonished by that. So think about that, plan the trip and REGISTER HERE (have a look at the AGENDA to tantalize yourself!). As I said of course there are plenty of events happening in Region after summer (from MTS in Poland to Sinergija in Serbia, from WinDays in Croatia to TechDays Slovakia and in many other Countries, from WPC in Italy to DevReach and MS Days in Bulgaria, from Powered by MVPs! in the Baltic Region to the many ITCamps across the Region and the list goes on and on (note: have a look here to have an overview of the past events, and this is just a tiny little list ). But here you will have a chance to meet the majority of them in a very informal (and super-cool) event!
Now and for the next 3 days we are going to finalize (hopefully everything) so I can go on holidays with no worries and but only to relax myself before the engines start again.
I’m SUPER-EXCITED about the event, believe me when I say that (and if you know me you’d know): what I do hope is that you feel the same way !!
- 46,658 hits
EMEA Regional Manager @Microsoft
Social. Connected. Digital Enthusiast. Online & Offline Community Influencer & Follower. Avid audio book reader, rookie Photographer, History fan. Addicted to #WindowsPhone... #Branding is my Passion
- My week on twitter: 6 New Followers, 2 Mentions, 730 Mention Reach, 5 Replies, 2 Retweets, 4.11K Retweet Reach. via sumall.com/myweek 20 hours ago
- My week on twitter: 5 New Followers, 2 Mentions, 729 Mention Reach, 11 Replies, 2 Retweets. via sumall.com/myweek 1 day ago
- Fermiamo subito il definitivo assalto al web italiano e alle nuove tecnologie. #SalvaWeb change.org/en-AU/petition… via @ChangeItalia 2 days ago
- @PeNoWiMo or Trenta :) 3 days ago
- I need coffee: what's bigger than a Grande Latte? Probably two :) #starbucks (@ Starbucks) 4sq.com/1n5OQI9 3 days ago
- A roundup of the announcements at SharePoint Conference 2014 #Office365 #SPS #OneDrive blogs.technet.com/b/uktechnet/ar… 6 days ago
- shared a link blogs.office.com/2014/03/04/sky… 6 days ago
- My week on twitter: 4 Mentions, 9.9K Mention Reach, 7 Replies. via sumall.com/myweek 1 week ago
- RT @markwschaefer: Best part of the Oscars! RT @Steveology: Celebrity Selfie Is The Most Retweeted Tweet Ever bit.ly/1hXpIg3 1 week ago
- RT @TheEllenShow: If only Bradley's arm was longer. Best photo ever. #oscars http://t.co/C9U5NOtGap 1 week ago
- Beautiful day yesterday in #bellevue #bellevuesquare #lumia920 #procamera #6tag @ Bellevue Towers instagram.com/p/lHukDPF-Bx/ 1 week ago
- @fekberg yeah, it's available here in US and only on Verizon. Some people say it may work elsewhere but it's not sure so I better wait :) 1 week ago
- THIS is gonna be my next phone, it's Awesome! #Lumia #Icon #switchtolumia #wp81 http://t.co/mU8B7F1YUu 1 week ago
- Missed my #talllatte so much! (@ Seattle's Best Coffee - SeaTac Airport Main Terminal) 4sq.com/1g58JpC 1 week ago
- Immigration queue, worst part of it..but @ least I'm here :) (@ Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA)) [pic]: 4sq.com/1pW7C3w 1 week ago
- @marcodalpino bella vita sarebbe meglio non essere connessi del tutto! cc/ @VMinute 1 week ago
- @VMinute @marcodalpino vi rispondo e vi ringrazio dalla wi-fi dell'aereo. Figata! :) 1 week ago
- My week on twitter: 2 New Followers, 4 Mentions, 9.9K Mention Reach, 1 Replies. via sumall.com/myweek 1 week ago
- @corcav Thanks :) 1 week ago
- @giulio_vian you are :) cc/ @giancarlosudano 1 week ago