WPC 2012: my personal summary (and slides)
I recently had the chance to participate to the latest WPC 2012 (local Windows Professional Conference) in Milano, Italy.
It was a terrific event: 27 Microsoft MVPs as speakers, an Ask The Expert Booth with +12 MVPs (+ a lot of friends and other Influencers) covering different technologies, together with the Microsoft Technical Support. Hundreds of technical sessions, giving full coverage of almost all the Microsoft Products and Technologies.
It was a great success in terms of Reach, Awareness and Support. Reach: almost 400 attendees, from ITPros to Developers to Consumers. More than 300 tweets around the Conference (#wpcit12).
In terms of awareness, the Microsoft MVP Award was highly valued during the conference: some minutes spent during the Keynote talking about it, the #Branding was everywhere, and MVPs often were wearing t-shirts with the MVP Logo on it. Recognition was another big part of it.
Just FYI, during the ATE the MVPs had around 250 technical discussions with the attendees. Divided per technology each day, attendees had the chance to interact not only with the speakers @ the Booth, but also with the other MVPs who voluntarily agreed to be part of the Conference supporting the attendees.
So now you know the MVP Award was a big part of it. But what about the rest of it?
Well, I also delivered a session on #SocialMedia called “Social Media in the IT World” and I have to say it was really interesting for the attendees. It was Different, not the kind of presentation you normally expect during a technical event. It was Relevant, according to the numbers of feedback and questions I gathered after my session. And for me it was fun too!
Understanding that many people still don’t understand the Power of the Social Media, the World of Mouth, the “Unmarketing” concept, Crowdsourcing, Personal #Branding and many others was kind of unexpected. So that is probably why my session was really valuable for the attendees.
I share my slides here, in a pure community spirit (as the MVPs taught me ), hoping that someone else will benefit from that:
I did not have the chance to show how I use my Windows Phone to “unleash” the Power of the Communities, but I’m sure I’ll have time to do that in my next talk.
And, by the way, we also had the chance to have some fun (in a pure community spirit ):
I need to thank a lot of people for a very successful event:
First and foremost, Barbara Palumbo, the “Puppet Master”, for his energy, proactive approach, driving the #wpcit12 team to Excellence. Claudio Salano, “The Boss” for having me @ the Conference. Nino Crudele, “Grinch” and #BizTalk Expert, for his tremendous valuable tips & tricks. And all others, all the MVPs, the Influencers, all the People I had the pleasure to meet for the first time, etc.
THANK YOU everyone for this wonderful experience !
- 48,571 hits
EMEA Regional Manager @Microsoft
Social. Connected. Digital Enthusiast. Online & Offline Community Influencer & Follower. Avid audio book reader, rookie Photographer, History fan. Addicted to #WindowsPhone... #Branding is my Passion
- Review: Nokia #Lumia735 (video) bit.ly/1sEJ4NA #wp81 1 day ago
- RT @lavfarma65: Senza parole.Solidarietà a @primocanale. @claudioburlando La brutta fine l'hanno fatta troppi tuoi votanti...adesso tu...Va… 3 days ago
- @franzinifabio thank you! 3 days ago
- RT @rquintino: what if you could scribble your charts & data in #Excel ? :) join us today at #sqlsatPortugal #sqlpass #DataViz http://t.co… 3 days ago
- Evolving Exchange Online Protection (EOP) to protect against tomorrow’s threats bit.ly/ZzdIxp #Office365 3 days ago
- @PeppeDotNet grazie mitico! 3 days ago
- HP will discontinue services for the last remaining devices on January 15: venturebeat.com/2014/10/15/goo… long live #webos #byebye 3 days ago
- @LaChessina votato ! :) 4 days ago
- RT @emeamvp: All EMEA MVPs. Join us @ the EMEA MVP Networking Event: an opportunity to meet your fellow MVPs during the #MVPSummit ! #mvpbu… 4 days ago
- RT @emeamvp: Configuring Service Management Automation for Repeating Schedules bit.ly/1ChtpWD by @damian_flynn #mvpbuzz 5 days ago
- How I did on Twitter this week: 2 New Followers, 1 Mentions, 218 Mention Reach, 24 Replies. How'd your week go? via sumall.com/myweek 1 week ago
- Sarebbe una gran cosa @Uber_Genova se poteste offrire il vostro servizio anche oggi ai volontari. La città apprezzerebbe #AlluvioneGenova 1 week ago
- @Gabysa29 c'era @Uber_Genova che offriva il suo servizio auto gratis ma non so se lo fa anche oggi 1 week ago
- @Croce_Alberto ok grazie cmq! Ho trovato le info sulla viabilità qui bit.ly/1qifCcK 1 week ago
- @Croce_Alberto il traffico almeno lì mi sembra scorrevole adesso. Sei per caso passato anche alla Foce e/o Marassi? 1 week ago
- @scoriani il problema è che alla fine viene strumentalizzato tutto. All'inizio era ok ma ora difficile trovare notizie utili @_geniodelmale 1 week ago
- Spiace vedere l'ash #AlluvioneGenova diventare un posto per sfogarsi. Lo capisco, per carità, ma adesso c'è più politica che notizie utili 1 week ago
- @La_gin_14 un pò spettrale....cmq buono se sei riuscita ad andare in ufficio, no? 1 week ago
- @viaggiovagando figurati ! 1 week ago
- RT @viaggiovagando: “Non c’è fango che tenga” – Alluvione a #Genova wp.me/p4aUmJ-IB #AlluvioneGenova #orabasta 1 week ago