WPC 2012: my personal summary (and slides)
I recently had the chance to participate to the latest WPC 2012 (local Windows Professional Conference) in Milano, Italy.
It was a terrific event: 27 Microsoft MVPs as speakers, an Ask The Expert Booth with +12 MVPs (+ a lot of friends and other Influencers) covering different technologies, together with the Microsoft Technical Support. Hundreds of technical sessions, giving full coverage of almost all the Microsoft Products and Technologies.
It was a great success in terms of Reach, Awareness and Support. Reach: almost 400 attendees, from ITPros to Developers to Consumers. More than 300 tweets around the Conference (#wpcit12).
In terms of awareness, the Microsoft MVP Award was highly valued during the conference: some minutes spent during the Keynote talking about it, the #Branding was everywhere, and MVPs often were wearing t-shirts with the MVP Logo on it. Recognition was another big part of it.
Just FYI, during the ATE the MVPs had around 250 technical discussions with the attendees. Divided per technology each day, attendees had the chance to interact not only with the speakers @ the Booth, but also with the other MVPs who voluntarily agreed to be part of the Conference supporting the attendees.
So now you know the MVP Award was a big part of it. But what about the rest of it?
Well, I also delivered a session on #SocialMedia called “Social Media in the IT World” and I have to say it was really interesting for the attendees. It was Different, not the kind of presentation you normally expect during a technical event. It was Relevant, according to the numbers of feedback and questions I gathered after my session. And for me it was fun too!
Understanding that many people still don’t understand the Power of the Social Media, the World of Mouth, the “Unmarketing” concept, Crowdsourcing, Personal #Branding and many others was kind of unexpected. So that is probably why my session was really valuable for the attendees.
I share my slides here, in a pure community spirit (as the MVPs taught me ), hoping that someone else will benefit from that:
I did not have the chance to show how I use my Windows Phone to “unleash” the Power of the Communities, but I’m sure I’ll have time to do that in my next talk.
And, by the way, we also had the chance to have some fun (in a pure community spirit ):
I need to thank a lot of people for a very successful event:
First and foremost, Barbara Palumbo, the “Puppet Master”, for his energy, proactive approach, driving the #wpcit12 team to Excellence. Claudio Salano, “The Boss” for having me @ the Conference. Nino Crudele, “Grinch” and #BizTalk Expert, for his tremendous valuable tips & tricks. And all others, all the MVPs, the Influencers, all the People I had the pleasure to meet for the first time, etc.
THANK YOU everyone for this wonderful experience !
- 48,599 hits
EMEA Regional Manager @Microsoft
Social. Connected. Digital Enthusiast. Online & Offline Community Influencer & Follower. Avid audio book reader, rookie Photographer, History fan. Addicted to #WindowsPhone... #Branding is my Passion
- @tomwarren agree, I can see it's a total mess. UIs should be easier to use these days not harder IMO 8 hours ago
- RT @emeamvp: PowerShell and SQL Stored Procedure bit.ly/1wtka5V by Desmond Lee on the Microsoft MVP Award Program blog. #mvpbuzz 8 hours ago
- Hey @TheSimsFreePlay will you ever update your game for #WindowsPhone ? Relevant and important bugs unsolved and no support from you #wp81 8 hours ago
- RT @emeamvp: Community Days 2015 Milano will take place with many MVP speakers from February 24 to February 26, 2015. http://t.co/sohRoqhpu… 11 hours ago
- RT @MSFTnews: Say hello to Microsoft Lumia! spr.ly/6014qtKj 17 hours ago
- @gutek thanks :) 17 hours ago
- @tromboneforhire I got it too right now but didn't have the chance to look at the changes.. 23 hours ago
- RT @teched_europe: Don't miss these activities at #TEE14: Community Meet & Greets & a scavenger hunt! Stop by the IT Community Experts Boot… 23 hours ago
- RT @magrom: identities and #yammer - finalizing my preparation for #tee14 hope to see you #office365 bit.ly/1rrXgWr http://t.co/UMW… 23 hours ago
- Just downloading a new update on my dev preview #Lumia930 and getting curious to see what it is :) #wp81 #excited 23 hours ago
- Il blog di @PeppeDotNet compie 10 anni e lo festeggia con un #webinar su #SPS bit.ly/1osWX2T #mvpbuzz 2 days ago
- How I did on Twitter this week: 1 New Followers, 4 Mentions, 1.97K Mention Reach. How'd your week go? via sumall.com/myweek 3 days ago
- Review: Nokia #Lumia735 (video) bit.ly/1sEJ4NA #wp81 4 days ago
- RT @lavfarma65: Senza parole.Solidarietà a @primocanale. @claudioburlando La brutta fine l'hanno fatta troppi tuoi votanti...adesso tu...Va… 6 days ago
- @franzinifabio thank you! 6 days ago
- RT @rquintino: what if you could scribble your charts & data in #Excel ? :) join us today at #sqlsatPortugal #sqlpass #DataViz http://t.co… 6 days ago
- Evolving Exchange Online Protection (EOP) to protect against tomorrow’s threats bit.ly/ZzdIxp #Office365 6 days ago
- @PeppeDotNet grazie mitico! 6 days ago
- HP will discontinue services for the last remaining devices on January 15: venturebeat.com/2014/10/15/goo… long live #webos #byebye 6 days ago
- @LaChessina votato ! :) 1 week ago