WPC 2012: my personal summary (and slides)
I recently had the chance to participate to the latest WPC 2012 (local Windows Professional Conference) in Milano, Italy.
It was a terrific event: 27 Microsoft MVPs as speakers, an Ask The Expert Booth with +12 MVPs (+ a lot of friends and other Influencers) covering different technologies, together with the Microsoft Technical Support. Hundreds of technical sessions, giving full coverage of almost all the Microsoft Products and Technologies.
It was a great success in terms of Reach, Awareness and Support. Reach: almost 400 attendees, from ITPros to Developers to Consumers. More than 300 tweets around the Conference (#wpcit12).
In terms of awareness, the Microsoft MVP Award was highly valued during the conference: some minutes spent during the Keynote talking about it, the #Branding was everywhere, and MVPs often were wearing t-shirts with the MVP Logo on it. Recognition was another big part of it.
Just FYI, during the ATE the MVPs had around 250 technical discussions with the attendees. Divided per technology each day, attendees had the chance to interact not only with the speakers @ the Booth, but also with the other MVPs who voluntarily agreed to be part of the Conference supporting the attendees.
So now you know the MVP Award was a big part of it. But what about the rest of it?
Well, I also delivered a session on #SocialMedia called “Social Media in the IT World” and I have to say it was really interesting for the attendees. It was Different, not the kind of presentation you normally expect during a technical event. It was Relevant, according to the numbers of feedback and questions I gathered after my session. And for me it was fun too!
Understanding that many people still don’t understand the Power of the Social Media, the World of Mouth, the “Unmarketing” concept, Crowdsourcing, Personal #Branding and many others was kind of unexpected. So that is probably why my session was really valuable for the attendees.
I share my slides here, in a pure community spirit (as the MVPs taught me ), hoping that someone else will benefit from that:
I did not have the chance to show how I use my Windows Phone to “unleash” the Power of the Communities, but I’m sure I’ll have time to do that in my next talk.
And, by the way, we also had the chance to have some fun (in a pure community spirit ):
I need to thank a lot of people for a very successful event:
First and foremost, Barbara Palumbo, the “Puppet Master”, for his energy, proactive approach, driving the #wpcit12 team to Excellence. Claudio Salano, “The Boss” for having me @ the Conference. Nino Crudele, “Grinch” and #BizTalk Expert, for his tremendous valuable tips & tricks. And all others, all the MVPs, the Influencers, all the People I had the pleasure to meet for the first time, etc.
THANK YOU everyone for this wonderful experience !
- 48,344 hits
EMEA Regional Manager @Microsoft
Social. Connected. Digital Enthusiast. Online & Offline Community Influencer & Follower. Avid audio book reader, rookie Photographer, History fan. Addicted to #WindowsPhone... #Branding is my Passion
- RT @emeamvp: The MVP Global Summit is right around the corner! 😊 #mvpsummit instagram.com/p/tS6sAFlXnk/ 11 hours ago
- How I did on Twitter this week: 8 New Followers, 1 Mentions, 265 Mention Reach, 2 Replies. How'd your week go? via sumall.com/myweek 17 hours ago
- RT @emeamvp: The #emeadreamteam @ its best! instagram.com/p/tMyRLFFXsK/ 2 days ago
- RT @MSEurope: Create, edit, and share! How @Office365 works for leading a #smallbusiness: bit.ly/1oUd2sS #SME 2 days ago
- @s_net aspetta il nuovo COD oppure Titanfall è molto bello (ma solo multiplayer) 3 days ago
- Limited offer…You Can Now Get 30 GB of Free Storage with #OneDrive! bit.ly/1r9bKNY #Cloud 3 days ago
- RT @emeamvp: Community Days 2014 Roma will be held between September 23-25! Many EMEA MVPs are attending as speakers! communitydays.it/events/2014-Ro… 3 days ago
- just landed in rainy Milan.. (@ Aeroporto di Milano Linate "Enrico Forlanini" (LIN) - @miairports) swarmapp.com/alead/checkin/… 5 days ago
- RT @emeamvp: EMEA Dream Team at your service! #mvpbuzz http://t.co/s6G4k2mkur 6 days ago
- #dinnertime #beachfront :) @ Playa del Vela instagram.com/p/tBClqYl-F6/ 1 week ago
- lunch time after a great productive morning w/ the EMEA Dream Team! (@ Di Lorenzo in Barcelona) swarmapp.com/alead/checkin/… 1 week ago
- How I did on Twitter this week: 8 New Followers, 2 Replies, 2 Retweets. How'd your week go? via sumall.com/myweek 1 week ago
- #tragaluz #restaurant, nice place can't wait to taste the #food 😋 @ Tragaluz instagram.com/p/s-nJZdl-AA/ 1 week ago
- @corcav sometimes epic gestures require an appropriate environment 😊 1 week ago
- RT @emeamvp: The EMEA MVP Dream Team is about to gather in the beautiful Barcelona. Expect new and exciting ideas coming from their brains … 1 week ago
- #meetingroom for today: #happy? 😃 @ Fitness Centre @ AC Hotel Barcelona Forum instagram.com/p/s9gNJMF-KN/ 1 week ago
- Just landed in #beautiful and #sunny #Barcelona ! @ Aeroport de Barcelona-El Prat (BCN) instagram.com/p/s9WgGcl-DZ/ 1 week ago
- Excited to meet the EMEA Dream Team soon ! (@ Aeroporto di Milano Linate "Enrico Forlanini" (LIN) - @miairports) swarmapp.com/alead/checkin/… 1 week ago
- RT @ProfKeefe: Every year on #911 I post this photo hoping 2 return 2 owner. Found at #groundzero #WTC in 2001. Pls RT http://t.co/mZ9LdQqE… 1 week ago
- RT @socialmediaclub: The Story of #Twitter (2006-14) [INFOGRAPHIC] via @Alltwtr: bit.ly/1m0dI4h ow.ly/i/6RJGr 1 week ago