WPC 2012: my personal summary (and slides)
I recently had the chance to participate to the latest WPC 2012 (local Windows Professional Conference) in Milano, Italy.
It was a terrific event: 27 Microsoft MVPs as speakers, an Ask The Expert Booth with +12 MVPs (+ a lot of friends and other Influencers) covering different technologies, together with the Microsoft Technical Support. Hundreds of technical sessions, giving full coverage of almost all the Microsoft Products and Technologies.
It was a great success in terms of Reach, Awareness and Support. Reach: almost 400 attendees, from ITPros to Developers to Consumers. More than 300 tweets around the Conference (#wpcit12).
In terms of awareness, the Microsoft MVP Award was highly valued during the conference: some minutes spent during the Keynote talking about it, the #Branding was everywhere, and MVPs often were wearing t-shirts with the MVP Logo on it. Recognition was another big part of it.
Just FYI, during the ATE the MVPs had around 250 technical discussions with the attendees. Divided per technology each day, attendees had the chance to interact not only with the speakers @ the Booth, but also with the other MVPs who voluntarily agreed to be part of the Conference supporting the attendees.
So now you know the MVP Award was a big part of it. But what about the rest of it?
Well, I also delivered a session on #SocialMedia called “Social Media in the IT World” and I have to say it was really interesting for the attendees. It was Different, not the kind of presentation you normally expect during a technical event. It was Relevant, according to the numbers of feedback and questions I gathered after my session. And for me it was fun too!
Understanding that many people still don’t understand the Power of the Social Media, the World of Mouth, the “Unmarketing” concept, Crowdsourcing, Personal #Branding and many others was kind of unexpected. So that is probably why my session was really valuable for the attendees.
I share my slides here, in a pure community spirit (as the MVPs taught me ), hoping that someone else will benefit from that:
I did not have the chance to show how I use my Windows Phone to “unleash” the Power of the Communities, but I’m sure I’ll have time to do that in my next talk.
And, by the way, we also had the chance to have some fun (in a pure community spirit ):
I need to thank a lot of people for a very successful event:
First and foremost, Barbara Palumbo, the “Puppet Master”, for his energy, proactive approach, driving the #wpcit12 team to Excellence. Claudio Salano, “The Boss” for having me @ the Conference. Nino Crudele, “Grinch” and #BizTalk Expert, for his tremendous valuable tips & tricks. And all others, all the MVPs, the Influencers, all the People I had the pleasure to meet for the first time, etc.
THANK YOU everyone for this wonderful experience !
- 48,885 hits
EMEA Regional Manager @Microsoft
Social. Connected. Digital Enthusiast. Online & Offline Community Influencer & Follower. Avid audio book reader, rookie Photographer, History fan. Addicted to #WindowsPhone... #Branding is my Passion
- How I did on Twitter this week: 8 New Followers, 2 Mentions, 4.63K Mention Reach. How'd your week go? via sumall.com/myweek 10 hours ago
- RT @emeamvp: We want your feedback! MVPs awarded in January and April, please fill out the MVP Survey & let us know how we’re doing! #mvpbu… 15 hours ago
- #Office365 news round-up bit.ly/1zKSfi3 2 days ago
- RT @VisualStudio: The MVPs are at it again. spr.ly/6017stC1, Here's a great post on designing Universal apps across multiple devices… 3 days ago
- RT @MSFTnews: New Foursquare app and Cortana - a great match spr.ly/6010sqwj http://t.co/EcVv73wE9W 5 days ago
- .@dotnetpodcast è stato un piacere conoscervi! 😊 5 days ago
- RT @emeamvp: MVPs in action @ the Community Booth w/ @crisgherrero #wpc14it #mvpbuzz fb.me/6Qfi7VVvx 6 days ago
- Looking forward to meeting the Italian MVPs @ the #wpc14it ! cc/ @emeamvp #mvpbuzz 6 days ago
- How I did on Twitter this week: 3 New Followers, 1 Mentions, 614 Mention Reach, 3 Replies. How'd your week go? via sumall.com/myweek 1 week ago
- RT @emeamvp: EMEA MVPs, mention us in your blog and article announcement tweets, and let us spread the word with you! #MVPbuzz 1 week ago
- @qmatteoq congrats and good luck my friend ! 1 week ago
- @MicrosoftStore I'd go with the notifications, a very useful feature that completes my #Lumia Experience :) 1 week ago
- @MicrosoftStore but I got a #msband already recently and the experience has been amazing so far :) 1 week ago
- @MicrosoftStore unfortunately not yet, but I will soon :) 1 week ago
- @MicrosoftStore to me it's the writing feature. The best ever! 1 week ago
- RT @emeamvp: .@VisualStudio 2015 preview is now available, try it ! buff.ly/1v3JbGS #vsconnect 1 week ago
- How I did on Twitter this week: 7 New Followers, 12 Mentions, 10.5K Mention Reach. How'd your week go? via sumall.com/myweek 2 weeks ago
- @LocalJoost thanks for the pic! cc/ @qmatteoq 2 weeks ago
- RT @emeamvp: We want your feedback! MVPs awarded in January and April, please fill out the MVP Survey & let us know how we’re doing! #mvpbu… 2 weeks ago
- My #msband says I did 12.000 steps and that was just in the #Frankfurt airport! Daily goal achieved already 😊 2 weeks ago