WPC 2012: my personal summary (and slides)
I recently had the chance to participate to the latest WPC 2012 (local Windows Professional Conference) in Milano, Italy.
It was a terrific event: 27 Microsoft MVPs as speakers, an Ask The Expert Booth with +12 MVPs (+ a lot of friends and other Influencers) covering different technologies, together with the Microsoft Technical Support. Hundreds of technical sessions, giving full coverage of almost all the Microsoft Products and Technologies.
It was a great success in terms of Reach, Awareness and Support. Reach: almost 400 attendees, from ITPros to Developers to Consumers. More than 300 tweets around the Conference (#wpcit12).
In terms of awareness, the Microsoft MVP Award was highly valued during the conference: some minutes spent during the Keynote talking about it, the #Branding was everywhere, and MVPs often were wearing t-shirts with the MVP Logo on it. Recognition was another big part of it.
Just FYI, during the ATE the MVPs had around 250 technical discussions with the attendees. Divided per technology each day, attendees had the chance to interact not only with the speakers @ the Booth, but also with the other MVPs who voluntarily agreed to be part of the Conference supporting the attendees.
So now you know the MVP Award was a big part of it. But what about the rest of it?
Well, I also delivered a session on #SocialMedia called “Social Media in the IT World” and I have to say it was really interesting for the attendees. It was Different, not the kind of presentation you normally expect during a technical event. It was Relevant, according to the numbers of feedback and questions I gathered after my session. And for me it was fun too!
Understanding that many people still don’t understand the Power of the Social Media, the World of Mouth, the “Unmarketing” concept, Crowdsourcing, Personal #Branding and many others was kind of unexpected. So that is probably why my session was really valuable for the attendees.
I share my slides here, in a pure community spirit (as the MVPs taught me ), hoping that someone else will benefit from that:
I did not have the chance to show how I use my Windows Phone to “unleash” the Power of the Communities, but I’m sure I’ll have time to do that in my next talk.
And, by the way, we also had the chance to have some fun (in a pure community spirit ):
I need to thank a lot of people for a very successful event:
First and foremost, Barbara Palumbo, the “Puppet Master”, for his energy, proactive approach, driving the #wpcit12 team to Excellence. Claudio Salano, “The Boss” for having me @ the Conference. Nino Crudele, “Grinch” and #BizTalk Expert, for his tremendous valuable tips & tricks. And all others, all the MVPs, the Influencers, all the People I had the pleasure to meet for the first time, etc.
THANK YOU everyone for this wonderful experience !
- 47,139 hits
EMEA Regional Manager @Microsoft
Social. Connected. Digital Enthusiast. Online & Offline Community Influencer & Follower. Avid audio book reader, rookie Photographer, History fan. Addicted to #WindowsPhone... #Branding is my Passion
- RT @qmatteoq: Non perdetevi i prossimi eventi Italiani dedicati a Windows Phone 8.1 e Windows 8.1: //learn/ e //publish/ https://t.co/PDRPk… 19 hours ago
- My week on twitter: 1 New Followers, 2 Mentions, 1.08K Mention Reach, 1 Replies, 1 Retweets, 128 Retweet Reach. via sumall.com/myweek 2 days ago
- RT @ngreader: Also, working on major release for Windows and WP (universal app!). More details next month. Thank you for your support! 2 days ago
- Hi @RudyHuyn is there a way to trigger #6tag to make it appear on Notification Center instead of the #instagram #app ? Thx #wp81 #wp81dev 3 days ago
- My week on twitter: 9 Mentions, 7.43K Mention Reach, 1 Replies, 1 Retweets, 128 Retweet Reach. via sumall.com/myweek 3 days ago
- #unforgettable #venice #instagood #instadaily #picoftheday #italy #memorabilia #lumia920 #wp8 #6tag… instagram.com/p/nBRhGFl-Ha/ 4 days ago
- @WinObs great thanks! 5 days ago
- @evilches LOL so true ! 5 days ago
- Hey @WinObs I remember you had a 620 as a backup phone. Did you install the 8.1 Preview? Is it performing well? Thanks :) 5 days ago
- #regram @jaseridesbikes #singapore celebrates #socialmedia #garden instagram.com/p/m-RT8pF-A7/ 5 days ago
- My public #socialmedia session I enjoyed the most. cc /@overnet_es #web2.0 #memorabilia #wpc instagram.com/p/m-Q0JKl-AO/ 5 days ago
- RT @emeamvp: Many EMEA MVPs will be present as speakers at #SP24conf starting today 10 PM GMT! #MVPBuzz @MVPAward sp24conf.com/SitePages/Agen… 1 week ago
- My week on twitter: 2 New Followers, 9 Mentions, 9.2K Mention Reach, 6 Replies. via sumall.com/myweek 1 week ago
- Love my #lumia920 with Windows Phone 8.1 ! #wp81 #tiles #6tag instagram.com/p/mzKebZF-IL/ 1 week ago
- RT @dovellonsky: My 1520 now is impressive http://t.co/Qw2SauTEQj 1 week ago
- My week on twitter: 3 New Followers, 2 Mentions, 2.86K Mention Reach, 6 Replies. via sumall.com/myweek 1 week ago
- RT @PeNoWiMo: Join @qmatteoq @PeNoWiMo & @LocalJoost in an all new episode of @wpdevfusion Podcast - bit.ly/Rcrkew #wpdev @dvlup #… 1 week ago
- @marcodalpino @qmatteoq @progalex si chiama Febbre Alta, io quasi quasi non te la presenterei :) 2 weeks ago
- @qmatteoq @marcodalpino @progalex @knodev godetevela alla faccia mia! #belin 2 weeks ago
- @qmatteoq @marcodalpino @progalex sono a casa con l'influenza, maledetti ! :) 2 weeks ago