WPC 2012: my personal summary (and slides)
I recently had the chance to participate to the latest WPC 2012 (local Windows Professional Conference) in Milano, Italy.
It was a terrific event: 27 Microsoft MVPs as speakers, an Ask The Expert Booth with +12 MVPs (+ a lot of friends and other Influencers) covering different technologies, together with the Microsoft Technical Support. Hundreds of technical sessions, giving full coverage of almost all the Microsoft Products and Technologies.
It was a great success in terms of Reach, Awareness and Support. Reach: almost 400 attendees, from ITPros to Developers to Consumers. More than 300 tweets around the Conference (#wpcit12).
In terms of awareness, the Microsoft MVP Award was highly valued during the conference: some minutes spent during the Keynote talking about it, the #Branding was everywhere, and MVPs often were wearing t-shirts with the MVP Logo on it. Recognition was another big part of it.
Just FYI, during the ATE the MVPs had around 250 technical discussions with the attendees. Divided per technology each day, attendees had the chance to interact not only with the speakers @ the Booth, but also with the other MVPs who voluntarily agreed to be part of the Conference supporting the attendees.
So now you know the MVP Award was a big part of it. But what about the rest of it?
Well, I also delivered a session on #SocialMedia called “Social Media in the IT World” and I have to say it was really interesting for the attendees. It was Different, not the kind of presentation you normally expect during a technical event. It was Relevant, according to the numbers of feedback and questions I gathered after my session. And for me it was fun too!
Understanding that many people still don’t understand the Power of the Social Media, the World of Mouth, the “Unmarketing” concept, Crowdsourcing, Personal #Branding and many others was kind of unexpected. So that is probably why my session was really valuable for the attendees.
I share my slides here, in a pure community spirit (as the MVPs taught me ), hoping that someone else will benefit from that:
I did not have the chance to show how I use my Windows Phone to “unleash” the Power of the Communities, but I’m sure I’ll have time to do that in my next talk.
And, by the way, we also had the chance to have some fun (in a pure community spirit ):
I need to thank a lot of people for a very successful event:
First and foremost, Barbara Palumbo, the “Puppet Master”, for his energy, proactive approach, driving the #wpcit12 team to Excellence. Claudio Salano, “The Boss” for having me @ the Conference. Nino Crudele, “Grinch” and #BizTalk Expert, for his tremendous valuable tips & tricks. And all others, all the MVPs, the Influencers, all the People I had the pleasure to meet for the first time, etc.
THANK YOU everyone for this wonderful experience !
- 45,707 hits
EMEA Regional Manager @Microsoft
Social. Connected. Digital Enthusiast. Online & Offline Community Influencer & Follower. Avid audio book reader, rookie Photographer, History fan. Addicted to #WindowsPhone... #Branding is my Passion
- @Salvodif LOL ! 19 hours ago
- @Salvodif credo sia alluminio ma una bella ricerchina sul web non fa mai male (vuoi proprio la pappa fatta :)) 19 hours ago
- One question and you may win a Nokia #Lumia925 ! :) rte.ie/ten/news/2013/… 19 hours ago
- Service Providers light up the #Cloud OS - bit.ly/1d97ghL #Infographic 19 hours ago
- #Xbox One sells 2 Million Units in 18 Days - bit.ly/1f724ww 1 day ago
- Three new updates ready to download: #LinkedIn #6tag and #Skype cool! :) #wp8 #lumia920 1 day ago
- RT @MSFTnews: New security features added to Microsoft accounts spr.ly/6011j7r1 Giving you more visibility and control 2 days ago
- RT @dvlup: Get to know our @nokia Developer Ambassador @billreiss - he's featured today in @nokconv: nokia.ly/1blR9hu http://t.co/QWY… 5 days ago
- @tordeman wow, beautiful! cc/ @mickba 5 days ago
- RT @SIG_architect: Rest in Peace, great & inspiring leader & warrior, Madiba. #RIPNelsonMandela http://t.co/kjvMrkEw6z 1 week ago
- RT @emeamvp: It´s happening...Again! Wow! It´s the #GlobalWindowsAzure Bootcamp 2014 ow.ly/rrZdc #mvpbuzz cc @MVPAward 1 week ago
- RT @qmatteoq: Congratulations to @RudyHuyn and @gcaughey for being nominated #wpdev MVPs of the year! 1 week ago
- Microsoft release a cross-platform tech #news #app - bit.ly/1bfdFta #wp8 1 week ago
- RT @emeamvp: MVP Interview series on #MSDN #Developer Content Localization Team blogs.msdn.com/b/devcontentlo… #mvpbuzz #emeamvp 1 week ago
- RT @Windows: Windows has the apps you need for every occasion! msft.it/6011jvvP 1 week ago
- Official #Facebook #App For Windows 8.1 Devices Updated With Lots Of New Features - bit.ly/198aWO6 #win8.1 1 week ago
- RT @emeamvp: 4 EMEA MVPs featured on mvp.microsoft.com/en-us/spotligh… ! Congrats @ChristianNagel @mtoo @qmatteoq @ninocrudele #mvpbuzz 2 weeks ago
- RT @MicrosoftSB: Nobel Prize moves into the #cloud with #windows Azure msft.it/6019jY4T #talkingbusiness 2 weeks ago
- @imperugo absolutely! :) 2 weeks ago
- RT @WPRetailInsider: Two Nokia Lumias launching on the same day?! Christmas came early! #Lumia1520 bit.ly/1enGTX3 #Lumia2520 http:/… 2 weeks ago