WPC 2012: my personal summary (and slides)
I recently had the chance to participate to the latest WPC 2012 (local Windows Professional Conference) in Milano, Italy.
It was a terrific event: 27 Microsoft MVPs as speakers, an Ask The Expert Booth with +12 MVPs (+ a lot of friends and other Influencers) covering different technologies, together with the Microsoft Technical Support. Hundreds of technical sessions, giving full coverage of almost all the Microsoft Products and Technologies.
It was a great success in terms of Reach, Awareness and Support. Reach: almost 400 attendees, from ITPros to Developers to Consumers. More than 300 tweets around the Conference (#wpcit12).
In terms of awareness, the Microsoft MVP Award was highly valued during the conference: some minutes spent during the Keynote talking about it, the #Branding was everywhere, and MVPs often were wearing t-shirts with the MVP Logo on it. Recognition was another big part of it.
Just FYI, during the ATE the MVPs had around 250 technical discussions with the attendees. Divided per technology each day, attendees had the chance to interact not only with the speakers @ the Booth, but also with the other MVPs who voluntarily agreed to be part of the Conference supporting the attendees.
So now you know the MVP Award was a big part of it. But what about the rest of it?
Well, I also delivered a session on #SocialMedia called “Social Media in the IT World” and I have to say it was really interesting for the attendees. It was Different, not the kind of presentation you normally expect during a technical event. It was Relevant, according to the numbers of feedback and questions I gathered after my session. And for me it was fun too!
Understanding that many people still don’t understand the Power of the Social Media, the World of Mouth, the “Unmarketing” concept, Crowdsourcing, Personal #Branding and many others was kind of unexpected. So that is probably why my session was really valuable for the attendees.
I share my slides here, in a pure community spirit (as the MVPs taught me ), hoping that someone else will benefit from that:
I did not have the chance to show how I use my Windows Phone to “unleash” the Power of the Communities, but I’m sure I’ll have time to do that in my next talk.
And, by the way, we also had the chance to have some fun (in a pure community spirit ):
I need to thank a lot of people for a very successful event:
First and foremost, Barbara Palumbo, the “Puppet Master”, for his energy, proactive approach, driving the #wpcit12 team to Excellence. Claudio Salano, “The Boss” for having me @ the Conference. Nino Crudele, “Grinch” and #BizTalk Expert, for his tremendous valuable tips & tricks. And all others, all the MVPs, the Influencers, all the People I had the pleasure to meet for the first time, etc.
THANK YOU everyone for this wonderful experience !
- 48,155 hits
EMEA Regional Manager @Microsoft
Social. Connected. Digital Enthusiast. Online & Offline Community Influencer & Follower. Avid audio book reader, rookie Photographer, History fan. Addicted to #WindowsPhone... #Branding is my Passion
- My week on twitter: 1 Replies. via sumall.com/myweek 20 hours ago
- How we’re addressing misleading apps in Windows Store bit.ly/1voQac4 #feedback #wpdev #wp81 1 day ago
- Netmarketshare: In August Windows Phone installed base passed Symbian, grew faster than iOS bit.ly/1tUbwMD #wp81 1 day ago
- Error with your Windows Phone OS backups? Here is how to get them back on track bit.ly/1r9FnzD #wp81 1 day ago
- RT @WinObs: Windows Phone 8.1 now on almost 25% of devices, Microsoft owns 95% of the hardware clkon.us/1rE5j8X 3 days ago
- @windowsphoneIT ottimamente direi 😊 3 days ago
- RT @corcav: Gorgeous wpcentral.com/dell-xps-15-re… #dell #xps15 4 days ago
- RT @emeamvp: Online registration for the 2014 invitation-only MVP Global Summit is now open! mvpnov14.com/auth/login #MVPBuzz #MVPSummit 6 days ago
- My week on twitter: 8 New Followers, 5 Mentions, 2.51K Mention Reach, 4 Replies, 7 Retweets. via sumall.com/myweek 1 week ago
- @elena_lonati si sa mai nella vita 😊 (e poi chi dice che non sia mai successo? :)) @ninocrudele 1 week ago
- #holiday #recap 😊 @ Val Pusteria instagram.com/p/sEksCml-Mr/ 1 week ago
- @ninocrudele Auguri Carissimo !!! 1 week ago
- No, the Nokia #Lumia930 is not significantly larger or heavier than the #HTCOne for Windows bit.ly/1losj9k #wp81 1 week ago
- RT @joebelfiore: Brrrr.. watch now, complete w/ instant replay! youtu.be/EBkomGiABGs Over to you, @selop, @marcusash & @chee_chew #AL… 1 week ago
- Upcoming Events - bit.ly/1pT4fvh #CloudOS #mvpbuzz 1 week ago
- Your #SharePoint 2013 farm in @Microsoft #Azure is just clicks away - bit.ly/1pT41Ep #SPS #SQL 1 week ago
- #yum #yummy ! @ Alpe Pragas - Passion For Fruits instagram.com/p/r_-bInF-H-/ 1 week ago
- #crowded @ #lagodibraies @ Lago di Braies instagram.com/p/r_4S2Pl-Ao/ 1 week ago
- End of #hiking for today 😊 @ Biathlonzentrum instagram.com/p/r9rGGRF-MP/ 1 week ago
- #goodmorning ! @ Malga Steinzger instagram.com/p/r8zemqF-NZ/ 1 week ago