WPC 2012: my personal summary (and slides)
I recently had the chance to participate to the latest WPC 2012 (local Windows Professional Conference) in Milano, Italy.
It was a terrific event: 27 Microsoft MVPs as speakers, an Ask The Expert Booth with +12 MVPs (+ a lot of friends and other Influencers) covering different technologies, together with the Microsoft Technical Support. Hundreds of technical sessions, giving full coverage of almost all the Microsoft Products and Technologies.
It was a great success in terms of Reach, Awareness and Support. Reach: almost 400 attendees, from ITPros to Developers to Consumers. More than 300 tweets around the Conference (#wpcit12).
In terms of awareness, the Microsoft MVP Award was highly valued during the conference: some minutes spent during the Keynote talking about it, the #Branding was everywhere, and MVPs often were wearing t-shirts with the MVP Logo on it. Recognition was another big part of it.
Just FYI, during the ATE the MVPs had around 250 technical discussions with the attendees. Divided per technology each day, attendees had the chance to interact not only with the speakers @ the Booth, but also with the other MVPs who voluntarily agreed to be part of the Conference supporting the attendees.
So now you know the MVP Award was a big part of it. But what about the rest of it?
Well, I also delivered a session on #SocialMedia called “Social Media in the IT World” and I have to say it was really interesting for the attendees. It was Different, not the kind of presentation you normally expect during a technical event. It was Relevant, according to the numbers of feedback and questions I gathered after my session. And for me it was fun too!
Understanding that many people still don’t understand the Power of the Social Media, the World of Mouth, the “Unmarketing” concept, Crowdsourcing, Personal #Branding and many others was kind of unexpected. So that is probably why my session was really valuable for the attendees.
I share my slides here, in a pure community spirit (as the MVPs taught me ), hoping that someone else will benefit from that:
I did not have the chance to show how I use my Windows Phone to “unleash” the Power of the Communities, but I’m sure I’ll have time to do that in my next talk.
And, by the way, we also had the chance to have some fun (in a pure community spirit ):
I need to thank a lot of people for a very successful event:
First and foremost, Barbara Palumbo, the “Puppet Master”, for his energy, proactive approach, driving the #wpcit12 team to Excellence. Claudio Salano, “The Boss” for having me @ the Conference. Nino Crudele, “Grinch” and #BizTalk Expert, for his tremendous valuable tips & tricks. And all others, all the MVPs, the Influencers, all the People I had the pleasure to meet for the first time, etc.
THANK YOU everyone for this wonderful experience !
- 47,082 hits
EMEA Regional Manager @Microsoft
Social. Connected. Digital Enthusiast. Online & Offline Community Influencer & Follower. Avid audio book reader, rookie Photographer, History fan. Addicted to #WindowsPhone... #Branding is my Passion
- RT @emeamvp: Many EMEA MVPs will be present as speakers at #SP24conf starting today 10 PM GMT! #MVPBuzz @MVPAward sp24conf.com/SitePages/Agen… 17 hours ago
- My week on twitter: 2 New Followers, 9 Mentions, 9.2K Mention Reach, 6 Replies. via sumall.com/myweek 1 day ago
- Love my #lumia920 with Windows Phone 8.1 ! #wp81 #tiles #6tag instagram.com/p/mzKebZF-IL/ 2 days ago
- RT @dovellonsky: My 1520 now is impressive http://t.co/Qw2SauTEQj 2 days ago
- My week on twitter: 3 New Followers, 2 Mentions, 2.86K Mention Reach, 6 Replies. via sumall.com/myweek 2 days ago
- RT @PeNoWiMo: Join @qmatteoq @PeNoWiMo & @LocalJoost in an all new episode of @wpdevfusion Podcast - bit.ly/Rcrkew #wpdev @dvlup #… 3 days ago
- @marcodalpino @qmatteoq @progalex si chiama Febbre Alta, io quasi quasi non te la presenterei :) 6 days ago
- @qmatteoq @marcodalpino @progalex @knodev godetevela alla faccia mia! #belin 6 days ago
- @qmatteoq @marcodalpino @progalex sono a casa con l'influenza, maledetti ! :) 6 days ago
- My week on twitter: 1 Mentions, 607 Mention Reach, 1 Replies. via sumall.com/myweek 1 week ago
- My week on twitter: 1 Mentions, 607 Mention Reach, 1 Replies, 4 Retweets, 2.09K Retweet Reach. via sumall.com/myweek 1 week ago
- RT @emeamvp: Let's hear from Italy! Here's an interview with .ASP.NET/IIS MVP @dbochicchio. #MVPBuzz facebook.com/photo.php?fbid… 1 week ago
- RT @m3sweatt: Posts on Windows 8.1 Update, Windows Phone 8.1 and Internet Explorer 11 blogs.windows.com/windows/b/wind… and blogs.windows.com/windows_phone/… 1 week ago
- RT @joebelfiore: Got #cortana questions? @marcusash is the guy to ask and he says he's ready to answer them. He only has 18 followers... j… 2 weeks ago
- RT @emeamvp: Congrats to EMEA MVP @RudyHuyn on new lock screen themes for Windows Phone 8.1 shown at #bldwin. 2 weeks ago
- RT @windowsphone: You can now buy a #Windows app one time and use it for #WindowsPhone 8.1 and for PC. #bldwin 2 weeks ago
- RT @msonenote: When you use OneNote with @OneDrive, you can access your notebooks anywhere, any time. Here’s how to get started: http://t.c… 2 weeks ago
- RT @emeamvp: The excitement is all over the air and we know how it feels when you wait for "that e-mail" :) #MVPBuzz 2 weeks ago
- My week on twitter: 2 Mentions, 1.05K Mention Reach, 5 Retweets, 2.22K Retweet Reach. via sumall.com/myweek 2 weeks ago
- @tomverhoeff @corcav the Clear Diamond display is impressive and the preinstalled games, WOW !! :DD 2 weeks ago