WPC 2012: my personal summary (and slides)
I recently had the chance to participate to the latest WPC 2012 (local Windows Professional Conference) in Milano, Italy.
It was a terrific event: 27 Microsoft MVPs as speakers, an Ask The Expert Booth with +12 MVPs (+ a lot of friends and other Influencers) covering different technologies, together with the Microsoft Technical Support. Hundreds of technical sessions, giving full coverage of almost all the Microsoft Products and Technologies.
It was a great success in terms of Reach, Awareness and Support. Reach: almost 400 attendees, from ITPros to Developers to Consumers. More than 300 tweets around the Conference (#wpcit12).
In terms of awareness, the Microsoft MVP Award was highly valued during the conference: some minutes spent during the Keynote talking about it, the #Branding was everywhere, and MVPs often were wearing t-shirts with the MVP Logo on it. Recognition was another big part of it.
Just FYI, during the ATE the MVPs had around 250 technical discussions with the attendees. Divided per technology each day, attendees had the chance to interact not only with the speakers @ the Booth, but also with the other MVPs who voluntarily agreed to be part of the Conference supporting the attendees.
So now you know the MVP Award was a big part of it. But what about the rest of it?
Well, I also delivered a session on #SocialMedia called “Social Media in the IT World” and I have to say it was really interesting for the attendees. It was Different, not the kind of presentation you normally expect during a technical event. It was Relevant, according to the numbers of feedback and questions I gathered after my session. And for me it was fun too!
Understanding that many people still don’t understand the Power of the Social Media, the World of Mouth, the “Unmarketing” concept, Crowdsourcing, Personal #Branding and many others was kind of unexpected. So that is probably why my session was really valuable for the attendees.
I share my slides here, in a pure community spirit (as the MVPs taught me ), hoping that someone else will benefit from that:
I did not have the chance to show how I use my Windows Phone to “unleash” the Power of the Communities, but I’m sure I’ll have time to do that in my next talk.
And, by the way, we also had the chance to have some fun (in a pure community spirit ):
I need to thank a lot of people for a very successful event:
First and foremost, Barbara Palumbo, the “Puppet Master”, for his energy, proactive approach, driving the #wpcit12 team to Excellence. Claudio Salano, “The Boss” for having me @ the Conference. Nino Crudele, “Grinch” and #BizTalk Expert, for his tremendous valuable tips & tricks. And all others, all the MVPs, the Influencers, all the People I had the pleasure to meet for the first time, etc.
THANK YOU everyone for this wonderful experience !
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
- 42,828 hits
EMEA Regional Manager @Microsoft
Social. Connected. Digital Enthusiast. Online & Offline Community Influencer & Follower. Avid audio book reader, rookie Photographer, History fan. Addicted to #WindowsPhone... #Branding is my Passion
- .@RobinDotNet lol if you saw the streamline, you'd probably want to get one as soon as possible #XboxOne 9 hours ago
- RT @CallofDuty: Ghosts takes the critically acclaimed franchise into the #nextgen Trailer bit.ly/10KiOjK #XboxOne #fb 9 hours ago
- #XboxOne Trending n°1 WorldWide on #twitter (no doubt about that :)) ! 9 hours ago
- RT @Xbox: And that's a wrap for #XboxReveal. We'll be sharing the next chapter of this story and our incredible lineup of blockbuster games… 9 hours ago
- @RobinDotNet lol you should :) 9 hours ago
- RT @PeNoWiMo: Shut up and take my money! #XBoxOne 9 hours ago
- #NextGen Engine and dynamic #maps in the new #CODGhosts WOW !! #XboxOne #XboxReveal 9 hours ago
- Yes #COD is coming !! #XboxOne 9 hours ago
- RT @ChristianNagel: #XboxOne around the world later this year #XboxRevealed 9 hours ago
- RT @WinObs: I think my #XboxOne will be in the living room for sure. 9 hours ago
- RT @kellabyte: XBOX Live scaling up from 15,000 servers to 300,000 servers. That's some scale right there #XboxReveal 9 hours ago
- RT @BenThePCGuy: THREE MINUTES! #XboxReveal 10 hours ago
- New gen revealed xbox.com/hub #XboxReveal #excited ! 20 hours ago
- 9 Social Marketing Metrics That Actually Matter lnkd.in/QA5C2p 20 hours ago
- 30 degrees in the South, snow in the North. What's today's plan: skiing or swimming? :) 1 day ago
- #Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer Has Scheduled A Mysterious Press Conference For Monday - read.bi/16yt0or 2 days ago
- Deal Alert: Unlocked Nokia #Lumia 810 for $310 flat - bit.ly/16yr6Ef #wp8 2 days ago
- @dianamorena1 you welcome: hope you found what you were looking for! :) 2 days ago
- RT @k_sasha: Good post on Verge - Windows phone takes third, but there is more to the story wmpoweruser.com/law-of-diffusi… 2 days ago
- @dianamorena1 not sure but maybe you can try here bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00… cheers :) 3 days ago