WPC 2012: my personal summary (and slides)
I recently had the chance to participate to the latest WPC 2012 (local Windows Professional Conference) in Milano, Italy.
It was a terrific event: 27 Microsoft MVPs as speakers, an Ask The Expert Booth with +12 MVPs (+ a lot of friends and other Influencers) covering different technologies, together with the Microsoft Technical Support. Hundreds of technical sessions, giving full coverage of almost all the Microsoft Products and Technologies.
It was a great success in terms of Reach, Awareness and Support. Reach: almost 400 attendees, from ITPros to Developers to Consumers. More than 300 tweets around the Conference (#wpcit12).
In terms of awareness, the Microsoft MVP Award was highly valued during the conference: some minutes spent during the Keynote talking about it, the #Branding was everywhere, and MVPs often were wearing t-shirts with the MVP Logo on it. Recognition was another big part of it.
Just FYI, during the ATE the MVPs had around 250 technical discussions with the attendees. Divided per technology each day, attendees had the chance to interact not only with the speakers @ the Booth, but also with the other MVPs who voluntarily agreed to be part of the Conference supporting the attendees.
So now you know the MVP Award was a big part of it. But what about the rest of it?
Well, I also delivered a session on #SocialMedia called “Social Media in the IT World” and I have to say it was really interesting for the attendees. It was Different, not the kind of presentation you normally expect during a technical event. It was Relevant, according to the numbers of feedback and questions I gathered after my session. And for me it was fun too!
Understanding that many people still don’t understand the Power of the Social Media, the World of Mouth, the “Unmarketing” concept, Crowdsourcing, Personal #Branding and many others was kind of unexpected. So that is probably why my session was really valuable for the attendees.
I share my slides here, in a pure community spirit (as the MVPs taught me ), hoping that someone else will benefit from that:
I did not have the chance to show how I use my Windows Phone to “unleash” the Power of the Communities, but I’m sure I’ll have time to do that in my next talk.
And, by the way, we also had the chance to have some fun (in a pure community spirit ):
I need to thank a lot of people for a very successful event:
First and foremost, Barbara Palumbo, the “Puppet Master”, for his energy, proactive approach, driving the #wpcit12 team to Excellence. Claudio Salano, “The Boss” for having me @ the Conference. Nino Crudele, “Grinch” and #BizTalk Expert, for his tremendous valuable tips & tricks. And all others, all the MVPs, the Influencers, all the People I had the pleasure to meet for the first time, etc.
THANK YOU everyone for this wonderful experience !
- 47,811 hits
EMEA Regional Manager @Microsoft
Social. Connected. Digital Enthusiast. Online & Offline Community Influencer & Follower. Avid audio book reader, rookie Photographer, History fan. Addicted to #WindowsPhone... #Branding is my Passion
- @corcav @raffaeler @Licantrop0 LOL!! 10 hours ago
- @corcav grazie mille Corra anche da parte del mio amico! cc/ @raffaeler @Licantrop0 13 hours ago
- @corcav @raffaeler @Licantrop0 tastiera simil-italiana, alcuni tasti spostati di uno. Stranissimo, e non so come rimappare il tutto 13 hours ago
- @raffaeler @Licantrop0 @corcav si può rimappare il layout (i caratteri) di una tastiera su Win8 via software? 13 hours ago
- @skendrot not yet, I'm hoping @Nespresso will build an #app to make purchases through Windows Phone 1 day ago
- @WindItalia telefono fisso nuovamente isolato. Potreste aiutarmi? 4 days ago
- #relaxingtime in the #countryside #lumia920 @ Ponte Di Savi instagram.com/p/qqfor6F-Jk/ 6 days ago
- RT @OverNetE: WPC2014 Call for Speaker Open! wpc2014.it/Events/Session… #wpc14it #microsoft #MVPBuzz @dbochicchio http://t.co/stakohnuND 6 days ago
- RT @AstonishingPix: Gene Simmons hanging out with miniature Kiss fans http://t.co/qQYxZoTwpf 1 week ago
- Hotels offer rewards for positive #socialmedia posts - bit.ly/1ryyuGV 1 week ago
- @zubairdotnet hi, there is a Community Program Manager who is dedicated to the MEA Region. You can write to @meamvp or DM me. Cheers! 1 week ago
- @qmatteoq @corcav @gcaughey @ailon thanks guys, good to know 1 week ago
- @gcaughey got it, thanks for clarifing! cc/ @corcav @qmatteoq @ailon 1 week ago
- Did you guys @gcaughey @corcav @qmatteoq @ailon got the latest 8.10.12400.899? Don't know why but I didn't yet (in 2 phones) thx :) 1 week ago
- #Microsoft Wind Power bit.ly/1oZBB9Q #infographic #green 1 week ago
- RT @MSFT4Work: Now at #WPC14 @satyanadella takes the stage for his vision keynote: msft.it/6014lwpO #modernbiz http://t.co/Idk7riUXwv 1 week ago
- RT @AnnaFeth: Just published my 1st curation on Curah! (in German) about the Microsoft MVP Award Program bit.ly/1qDfju9 @emeamvp @m… 1 week ago
- My week on twitter: 5 Mentions, 2.56K Mention Reach, 6 Replies, 2 Retweets, 1.49K Retweet Reach. via sumall.com/myweek 1 week ago
- RT @WinObs: Xbox 360 Ultimate Games Sale Final Update clkon.us/1tHeDto 1 week ago
- Great goal, stunning match! Congratulations to both #WorldCup 1 week ago