How to increase your Facebook Privacy
I thought it might be a good idea to remind how important is your Facebook Privacy, of course IF it is important for you.
And Randy correctly said on Twitter: “Always ask permission before posting a friend’s photo publicly. It’s not about privacy settings. It’s about human decency!”. And she’s right.
Especially when it comes to share stuff, and in particular personal photos, you think that, having set your Facebook privacy to “Friends” is enough? Well, it’s wrong.
Every time you tag people, your picture becomes available to any other person, depending on how the privacy has been set by the people you tagged.
This is a very important step to increase your account security, making sure you share stuff only with people you matter the most.
To do that, follow these simple steps:
Upload your photo and then go to to the sub-menu and click on Custom:
Then you’ll get this menu:
From here, you can decide who can view and comment on the picture you are about to upload. You can also choose not to share it with specific persons or to share it to a more vast audience. It’s up to you, whether you want to spread the word or not
- 48,904 hits
EMEA Regional Manager @Microsoft
Social. Connected. Digital Enthusiast. Online & Offline Community Influencer & Follower. Avid audio book reader, rookie Photographer, History fan. Addicted to #WindowsPhone... #Branding is my Passion
- How I did on Twitter this week: 8 New Followers, 2 Mentions, 4.63K Mention Reach. How'd your week go? via sumall.com/myweek 3 days ago
- RT @emeamvp: We want your feedback! MVPs awarded in January and April, please fill out the MVP Survey & let us know how we’re doing! #mvpbu… 3 days ago
- #Office365 news round-up bit.ly/1zKSfi3 5 days ago
- RT @VisualStudio: The MVPs are at it again. spr.ly/6017stC1, Here's a great post on designing Universal apps across multiple devices… 6 days ago
- RT @MSFTnews: New Foursquare app and Cortana - a great match spr.ly/6010sqwj http://t.co/EcVv73wE9W 1 week ago
- .@dotnetpodcast è stato un piacere conoscervi! 😊 1 week ago
- RT @emeamvp: MVPs in action @ the Community Booth w/ @crisgherrero #wpc14it #mvpbuzz fb.me/6Qfi7VVvx 1 week ago
- Looking forward to meeting the Italian MVPs @ the #wpc14it ! cc/ @emeamvp #mvpbuzz 1 week ago
- How I did on Twitter this week: 3 New Followers, 1 Mentions, 614 Mention Reach, 3 Replies. How'd your week go? via sumall.com/myweek 1 week ago
- RT @emeamvp: EMEA MVPs, mention us in your blog and article announcement tweets, and let us spread the word with you! #MVPbuzz 1 week ago
- @qmatteoq congrats and good luck my friend ! 1 week ago
- @MicrosoftStore I'd go with the notifications, a very useful feature that completes my #Lumia Experience :) 1 week ago
- @MicrosoftStore but I got a #msband already recently and the experience has been amazing so far :) 1 week ago
- @MicrosoftStore unfortunately not yet, but I will soon :) 2 weeks ago
- @MicrosoftStore to me it's the writing feature. The best ever! 2 weeks ago
- RT @emeamvp: .@VisualStudio 2015 preview is now available, try it ! buff.ly/1v3JbGS #vsconnect 2 weeks ago
- How I did on Twitter this week: 7 New Followers, 12 Mentions, 10.5K Mention Reach. How'd your week go? via sumall.com/myweek 2 weeks ago
- @LocalJoost thanks for the pic! cc/ @qmatteoq 2 weeks ago
- RT @emeamvp: We want your feedback! MVPs awarded in January and April, please fill out the MVP Survey & let us know how we’re doing! #mvpbu… 2 weeks ago
- My #msband says I did 12.000 steps and that was just in the #Frankfurt airport! Daily goal achieved already 😊 2 weeks ago