How to increase your Facebook Privacy
I thought it might be a good idea to remind how important is your Facebook Privacy, of course IF it is important for you.
And Randy correctly said on Twitter: “Always ask permission before posting a friend’s photo publicly. It’s not about privacy settings. It’s about human decency!”. And she’s right.
Especially when it comes to share stuff, and in particular personal photos, you think that, having set your Facebook privacy to “Friends” is enough? Well, it’s wrong.
Every time you tag people, your picture becomes available to any other person, depending on how the privacy has been set by the people you tagged.
This is a very important step to increase your account security, making sure you share stuff only with people you matter the most.
To do that, follow these simple steps:
Upload your photo and then go to to the sub-menu and click on Custom:
Then you’ll get this menu:
From here, you can decide who can view and comment on the picture you are about to upload. You can also choose not to share it with specific persons or to share it to a more vast audience. It’s up to you, whether you want to spread the word or not
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
- 42,794 hits
EMEA Regional Manager @Microsoft
Social. Connected. Digital Enthusiast. Online & Offline Community Influencer & Follower. Avid audio book reader, rookie Photographer, History fan. Addicted to #WindowsPhone... #Branding is my Passion
- #Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer Has Scheduled A Mysterious Press Conference For Monday - read.bi/16yt0or 6 hours ago
- Deal Alert: Unlocked Nokia #Lumia 810 for $310 flat - bit.ly/16yr6Ef #wp8 6 hours ago
- @dianamorena1 you welcome: hope you found what you were looking for! :) 6 hours ago
- RT @k_sasha: Good post on Verge - Windows phone takes third, but there is more to the story wmpoweruser.com/law-of-diffusi… 6 hours ago
- @dianamorena1 not sure but maybe you can try here bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00… cheers :) 13 hours ago
- RT @rkqiku: @turgaysahtiyan @MatijaLah @NikoNeugebauer @MladenPrajdic @betimdrenica @DugiDBA @florimmaxhuni @egzonzeneli http://t.co/2dKw32… 13 hours ago
- @viborc yes indeed some of the rules may be definitely applied to this one :) 14 hours ago
- RT @viborc: Several years ago (in 2010) I did some #eurosong block and voting analysis uxpassion.com/blog/technolog… #ev2013 14 hours ago
- @viborc very interesting blog post! 14 hours ago
- @UnePetiteCourge Politics maybe? Anyway nice video of Zlata and our Mengoni optimaitalia.com/blog/2013/05/1… #ev2013 14 hours ago
- @RuthGrima LOL !! 14 hours ago
- @SoundofStereo that's true, but still IMHO lots of people loved the songs and they'll remember some which is what count most #ev2013 14 hours ago
- @UnePetiteCourge :) yes Ukraine was a great song, loved it! Denmark seems to be going to win anyway (I told you, Scandinavian block ;)) 14 hours ago
- @MyBieberSide you do :) 15 hours ago
- Voted Malta,Ukraine and Greece but I'm sure Sweden's gonna win: the Scandinavian lobby here is too strong :) #ev2013 cc/ @UnePetiteCourge 15 hours ago
- @spanougakis I saw many tweets about that: did I miss a news? 15 hours ago
- @sweeeeetlana :))) 15 hours ago
- Love the Malta, Ukraine and the Greek one! #EV2013 15 hours ago
- It's my first #EV2013 and I have to say most of them are really beautiful songs. It also us feel more unite, and we need it #Europe #escita 15 hours ago
- Adobe #Photoshop Express for #Windows8 now available in the Windows Store - bit.ly/108fobz 1 day ago