How to increase your Facebook Privacy
I thought it might be a good idea to remind how important is your Facebook Privacy, of course IF it is important for you.
And Randy correctly said on Twitter: “Always ask permission before posting a friend’s photo publicly. It’s not about privacy settings. It’s about human decency!”. And she’s right.
Especially when it comes to share stuff, and in particular personal photos, you think that, having set your Facebook privacy to “Friends” is enough? Well, it’s wrong.
Every time you tag people, your picture becomes available to any other person, depending on how the privacy has been set by the people you tagged.
This is a very important step to increase your account security, making sure you share stuff only with people you matter the most.
To do that, follow these simple steps:
Upload your photo and then go to to the sub-menu and click on Custom:
Then you’ll get this menu:
From here, you can decide who can view and comment on the picture you are about to upload. You can also choose not to share it with specific persons or to share it to a more vast audience. It’s up to you, whether you want to spread the word or not
- 48,140 hits
EMEA Regional Manager @Microsoft
Social. Connected. Digital Enthusiast. Online & Offline Community Influencer & Follower. Avid audio book reader, rookie Photographer, History fan. Addicted to #WindowsPhone... #Branding is my Passion
- RT @WinObs: Windows Phone 8.1 now on almost 25% of devices, Microsoft owns 95% of the hardware clkon.us/1rE5j8X 1 day ago
- @windowsphoneIT ottimamente direi 😊 2 days ago
- RT @corcav: Gorgeous wpcentral.com/dell-xps-15-re… #dell #xps15 3 days ago
- RT @emeamvp: Online registration for the 2014 invitation-only MVP Global Summit is now open! mvpnov14.com/auth/login #MVPBuzz #MVPSummit 4 days ago
- My week on twitter: 8 New Followers, 5 Mentions, 2.51K Mention Reach, 4 Replies, 7 Retweets. via sumall.com/myweek 5 days ago
- @elena_lonati si sa mai nella vita 😊 (e poi chi dice che non sia mai successo? :)) @ninocrudele 6 days ago
- #holiday #recap 😊 @ Val Pusteria instagram.com/p/sEksCml-Mr/ 1 week ago
- @ninocrudele Auguri Carissimo !!! 1 week ago
- No, the Nokia #Lumia930 is not significantly larger or heavier than the #HTCOne for Windows bit.ly/1losj9k #wp81 1 week ago
- RT @joebelfiore: Brrrr.. watch now, complete w/ instant replay! youtu.be/EBkomGiABGs Over to you, @selop, @marcusash & @chee_chew #AL… 1 week ago
- Upcoming Events - bit.ly/1pT4fvh #CloudOS #mvpbuzz 1 week ago
- Your #SharePoint 2013 farm in @Microsoft #Azure is just clicks away - bit.ly/1pT41Ep #SPS #SQL 1 week ago
- #yum #yummy ! @ Alpe Pragas - Passion For Fruits instagram.com/p/r_-bInF-H-/ 1 week ago
- #crowded @ #lagodibraies @ Lago di Braies instagram.com/p/r_4S2Pl-Ao/ 1 week ago
- End of #hiking for today 😊 @ Biathlonzentrum instagram.com/p/r9rGGRF-MP/ 1 week ago
- #goodmorning ! @ Malga Steinzger instagram.com/p/r8zemqF-NZ/ 1 week ago
- Tentacles: Enter the Mind now available worldwide for #Windows and Windows Phone - bit.ly/1pRnLI4 #wp8 1 week ago
- @PlanCorones indeed you're so right! 1 week ago
- @qmatteoq is it about bug fixing? It seemed so, it was real quick. cc/ @Mighell @LocalJoost @PeNoWiMo 1 week ago
- RT @HeikeRitter: HUGE Update to the #OneNote #Windows Store app blogs.office.com/2014/08/19/one… #Office 1 week ago