How to increase your Facebook Privacy
I thought it might be a good idea to remind how important is your Facebook Privacy, of course IF it is important for you.
And Randy correctly said on Twitter: “Always ask permission before posting a friend’s photo publicly. It’s not about privacy settings. It’s about human decency!”. And she’s right.
Especially when it comes to share stuff, and in particular personal photos, you think that, having set your Facebook privacy to “Friends” is enough? Well, it’s wrong.
Every time you tag people, your picture becomes available to any other person, depending on how the privacy has been set by the people you tagged.
This is a very important step to increase your account security, making sure you share stuff only with people you matter the most.
To do that, follow these simple steps:
Upload your photo and then go to to the sub-menu and click on Custom:
Then you’ll get this menu:
From here, you can decide who can view and comment on the picture you are about to upload. You can also choose not to share it with specific persons or to share it to a more vast audience. It’s up to you, whether you want to spread the word or not
- 47,851 hits
EMEA Regional Manager @Microsoft
Social. Connected. Digital Enthusiast. Online & Offline Community Influencer & Follower. Avid audio book reader, rookie Photographer, History fan. Addicted to #WindowsPhone... #Branding is my Passion
- Hey @TheSimsFreePlay are you gonna fix your #Cloud on Windows Phone? Hundreds of dissatisfied customers.. cc/ @EA #wp81 #wpdev 3 hours ago
- RT @emeamvp: Free ebook by @MicrosoftPress: Building Cloud Apps with Microsoft #Azure! bit.ly/1nCoPjE #mvpbuzz 23 hours ago
- My week on twitter: 2 New Followers, 4 Mentions, 3.31K Mention Reach, 8 Replies. via sumall.com/myweek 1 day ago
- @dovellonsky ah, non sapevo. Thx! 1 day ago
- Popular #iOS and #Android selfie #app #Facetune comes to Windows Phone - bit.ly/1rYZyzr #wp8 #wp81 1 day ago
- Fitbit arrives for Windows Phone 8.1! - bit.ly/1qHPmOr #wp81 1 day ago
- RT @AnnaFeth: Let me introduce you: @ddobric Microsoft Azure MVP from Germany bit.ly/1xpdWRX #mvpbuzz #spotlight #azure /cc @emeamvp 1 day ago
- @corcav just got a great deal ;) 2 days ago
- @DomagojPa already had one :D 2 days ago
- @DomagojPa black, I'm an old school guy :) 2 days ago
- @fekberg good idea! I'd like to try it myself 2 days ago
- My new #lumia930 is awesome! #wp81 #switchtolumia instagram.com/p/q-1XIgl-Mj/ 2 days ago
- Uber offering Windows Phone users two free rides - bit.ly/1mTvM9K #wp8 #wp81 2 days ago
- #Lumia630: First impressions of the new high performance and amazing value Windows Phone device - bit.ly/UvCEU7 #wp81 2 days ago
- Windows Phone game @TheSimsFreePlay is awesome but right now uploading and downloading from/to the #cloud doesn't work. Planning on fix it? 2 days ago
- RT @nokia: [Video] #HowTo charge your phone ... using apples and potatoes :) nokia.ly/1rhGESV http://t.co/1e61kam5Zs 3 days ago
- @TheSimsFreePlay uploading or downloading from your #Cloud hasn't been working for quite some time. Did you plan to fix it? #wp81 3 days ago
- @corcav @raffaeler @Licantrop0 LOL!! 4 days ago
- @corcav grazie mille Corra anche da parte del mio amico! cc/ @raffaeler @Licantrop0 4 days ago
- @corcav @raffaeler @Licantrop0 tastiera simil-italiana, alcuni tasti spostati di uno. Stranissimo, e non so come rimappare il tutto 4 days ago