How to increase your Facebook Privacy
I thought it might be a good idea to remind how important is your Facebook Privacy, of course IF it is important for you.
And Randy correctly said on Twitter: “Always ask permission before posting a friend’s photo publicly. It’s not about privacy settings. It’s about human decency!”. And she’s right.
Especially when it comes to share stuff, and in particular personal photos, you think that, having set your Facebook privacy to “Friends” is enough? Well, it’s wrong.
Every time you tag people, your picture becomes available to any other person, depending on how the privacy has been set by the people you tagged.
This is a very important step to increase your account security, making sure you share stuff only with people you matter the most.
To do that, follow these simple steps:
Upload your photo and then go to to the sub-menu and click on Custom:
Then you’ll get this menu:
From here, you can decide who can view and comment on the picture you are about to upload. You can also choose not to share it with specific persons or to share it to a more vast audience. It’s up to you, whether you want to spread the word or not
- 46,638 hits
EMEA Regional Manager @Microsoft
Social. Connected. Digital Enthusiast. Online & Offline Community Influencer & Follower. Avid audio book reader, rookie Photographer, History fan. Addicted to #WindowsPhone... #Branding is my Passion
- @PeNoWiMo or Trenta :) 20 hours ago
- I need coffee: what's bigger than a Grande Latte? Probably two :) #starbucks (@ Starbucks) 4sq.com/1n5OQI9 1 day ago
- A roundup of the announcements at SharePoint Conference 2014 #Office365 #SPS #OneDrive blogs.technet.com/b/uktechnet/ar… 4 days ago
- shared a link blogs.office.com/2014/03/04/sky… 4 days ago
- My week on twitter: 4 Mentions, 9.9K Mention Reach, 7 Replies. via sumall.com/myweek 5 days ago
- RT @markwschaefer: Best part of the Oscars! RT @Steveology: Celebrity Selfie Is The Most Retweeted Tweet Ever bit.ly/1hXpIg3 5 days ago
- RT @TheEllenShow: If only Bradley's arm was longer. Best photo ever. #oscars http://t.co/C9U5NOtGap 5 days ago
- Beautiful day yesterday in #bellevue #bellevuesquare #lumia920 #procamera #6tag @ Bellevue Towers instagram.com/p/lHukDPF-Bx/ 5 days ago
- @fekberg yeah, it's available here in US and only on Verizon. Some people say it may work elsewhere but it's not sure so I better wait :) 5 days ago
- THIS is gonna be my next phone, it's Awesome! #Lumia #Icon #switchtolumia #wp81 http://t.co/mU8B7F1YUu 5 days ago
- Missed my #talllatte so much! (@ Seattle's Best Coffee - SeaTac Airport Main Terminal) 4sq.com/1g58JpC 5 days ago
- Immigration queue, worst part of it..but @ least I'm here :) (@ Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA)) [pic]: 4sq.com/1pW7C3w 6 days ago
- @marcodalpino bella vita sarebbe meglio non essere connessi del tutto! cc/ @VMinute 6 days ago
- @VMinute @marcodalpino vi rispondo e vi ringrazio dalla wi-fi dell'aereo. Figata! :) 6 days ago
- My week on twitter: 2 New Followers, 4 Mentions, 9.9K Mention Reach, 1 Replies. via sumall.com/myweek 6 days ago
- @corcav Thanks :) 6 days ago
- @giulio_vian you are :) cc/ @giancarlosudano 6 days ago
- @lhyfae @imperugo thank you! :) 6 days ago
- I'm at Landebahn Nordwest, Frankfurt International Airport (FRA) (Kelsterbach, Hessen) 4sq.com/MHuvrJ 6 days ago
- Try the Visual Studio 2013 Update 2 #CTP 2 - bit.ly/1hVZv1c #vs13 6 days ago